Used Book Sellers
Register to Sell
Click the link above to register. You will pay for a “table” but will only be required to bring and organize your books on Friday from 7 am to 10 am and pick up your money and any remaining books Saturday between 6 and 8 pm. You are not Registering as an Exhibitor, however, your registration allows you to attend all aspects of the Fair.
Sort Your Books
Sort your books into the following categories: Preschool, Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8 & 9-12, Multi-Grade/Unit Studies, How to/Reference, General Reading, Miscellaneous and Computer/DVD.
Label Your Books
Label your books with a sticky note, self-adhesive 3×5 card or paper and tape. The label must have the category, price, title of the book and your last name. The picture to the left is the format you should use.
Set Your Books Up at the Fair
On Friday, May 13th, bring your books to the Fair from 7 am t0 10 am. Put them on the tables in the appropriate rooms that correspond with the categories of your books. See the map of the classrooms lower down on this page.
Pick up Your Money and Books
Saturday, May 14, between 5 and 7 pm, pick up your money and any remaining books from the Fair. If you do not pick up your money and books by 7 pm, all of your money and books will be donated to Arlington Home School Resource.
Tips to Shop
May 13, 9 am to 8 pm, & 14, 9 am to 6 pm
Bring Cash and Checks
We do not take credit cards at this time. Bring a lot of ones and fives as you must have exact change. You can always write a check.
Visit Each Room
We have four classrooms full of books, manipulatives and resources.
DO NOT OPEN PACKAGES!
Do not stockpile. Pay for the books you can carry and come back for more.
Do Not Remove Labels
We will not sell books without labels. The cashier will remove the labels and receive exact cash for each seller.
Do not Pile
Do not pile up the books you are thinking of getting. It is not kind to other shoppers.
Used Book Sale Instructions
Instructions for Buyers
- Procure a plethora of one dollar bills and bring them along.
- Bring a brand new full book of checks. Bring boxes, bags or sacks to carry your purchases home.
- Shop politely.
- Do not open packages. Keep tables neat.
- Stockpilers will be persecuted!!!
- Do not pile up what you are thinking of buying – it’s unfair to other shoppers. This is the pay as you go plan. Impulse buying to the max!
- If you have all you can carry, go and pay for it, put it in your car and come back to buy more.
- While you’re standing in line, make sure you have correct bills or write a check to cover each purchase. Do not detach cards from items.
- If you have multiple items from one seller, group those items together and write one check to cover all, but do not detach cards from items.
- Proceed to the cashier with your stack of grouped items. Do not detach cards from items.
- Do not detach cards from items!!!
- The casher will remove cards from your items and receive exact amounts for each card or group of cards.
Instructions for Sellers
1. Sort your books into categories.
2. Label your books with the category, price, title and your last name.
3. Bring your books to the sale on Friday, May 13th, between 7 am and 10 am.
4. Set out your books on the appropriate tables in the appropriate rooms.
5. Pick up your money and your books on Saturday, May 14th by 7 pm.
6. ALL MONEY AND BOOKS LEFT AFTER 7 PM WILL BE DONATED TO AHSR.